Friday, March 8, 2013

...and counting!


Hey everybody, I have some tail waggin news!  Lady Kay was looking at information on epilepsy and how she and Lady Ali could support me and bring awareness about it in k-9s. She found a page called Purple Day 5K. March 26 is Purple Day in South Jordan, UT. It's used, officially, for epilepsy awareness.  
   Anyway Lady Kay saw where there's a Purple 5k on March 23. She asked if I could come because I have epilepsy. The Purple Day 5k coordinators not only said I could come, they invited me to be their 2013 pet ambassador for this year's 5k walk/run!!! I'm not even sure what that is but it could be fun. I'm a little scared because sometimes other dogs and people make me nervous and can be scarey. Kind of like Epilepsy. But it will be a good training opportunity for me. And with the Ladies by my side although it may be a little Ruff at first, I know I'll be ok!
    Lady Kay spoke With Angela Green about me and my story. She is the Co-race director of the Purple Day 5K. And there was something about me she really liked. She asked Lady Kay if I could be the Pet Ambassador this year. I'm excited to be part of the fight to cure and bring awareness about this crazy thing that makes me Shakin Jake! Cuz This disease can be RUFF!

2 comments:

Ang said...

Anybody that has "dude action" in their name is automatically a favorite in my book! ;) Hey, it's Angela G, and I just stopped in to say that I was happy to see that the blog has been updated with new entries, but so sad to see that Jake had a couple of seizures :( He was doing so good! We are so excited to see you guys tomorrow, and hope that Jake feels good to come out and join us!!

ShaBANG said...

Thanks Ang! It was a "ruff" morning for me but we made it! I got so cold I had to leave before the end of the awards Ceremony but I had a great time and Thank you for thinking of me! *Dude-Action*