Sunday, April 7, 2013

RUFF After Shocks!!


This morning I had my longest and most violent shakes ever. I didn't think I was EVER going to stop!

SO SO TIRED!!

  They were FOUR long minutes!  My doctor's say if they ever get to be 5 minutes are more to bring me into the Animal Emergency Room. I don't ever want them to be that long. For the last 2 minutes I stood up but couldn't see anything. It was so scary so I tried to run. But each time I lunged forward I felt like I was being choked which scared me even more. I just wanted to get away and kept lunging forward. I don't like when I can't see anything or any body like that.   The ladies tried to put ice packs on me but they weren't really cold  enough. Finally someone started hugging me really tightly to keep me still  and to stop bumping into the wall and windows.  During the last minute I could see Lady Kay was holding me to keep me safe.  She kept calling my name to let me know I wasn't alone and I was safe. It was still scary.  After I stopped shaking they gave me some of that Ice cream stuff  I heard them talking about.  I LIKE IT...and it makes me feel better.  Usually after my shakes I have another withing a few minutes. I only had one this time.  THANK GOODNESS!!! Just having the long one was terrifying enough.  For a really long time afterwords I just walked and walked around the house.  I was really hungry and ate all my food and drank all my water.  I finally fell asleep





 I heard the Ladies say my medication isn't working like they hoped and now they may have to do some other things for me.   They're sacrificing so much to make sure I get well.  I LOVE MY LADIES!

Side Note: When we adopted Jake we wanted to save a life. Since he's been part of the family we are doing our best to help him reach his highest doggie potential. Part of being a responsible animal owner is to get them the training they need to be good canine citizens and to make sure they have their regular health needs taken care of.  Adopting pets is like having children, you don't know what issues and ailments they're going to come with.  Jake's medications are getting expensive as we try to narrow down the cause if his seizures and how to manage them.  There are 2 very important tests he needs to help zoom in on and narrow down his health concerns: One is a  brain scan, the other is a thyroid test. Some of our friends suggest we put him down and take him out of his misery, or take him back to the Human Society where he is sure to be put down because of his medical issues. It angers me how easily it is for some to just toss a life away.  I say to them... Would you put down your own child with epilepsy? down syndrome? Autism?
 Would you take them to foster care or abandon them to be someone else's problem?  Most of these people have the nerve to look at me like I have two heads when I turn the pages on them. They wouldn't dream of doing such things.  And neither would we.
      We've set up a DONATION PAGE for those who are so inclined to help us with raising money to help us get these 2 tests for him. We are confident once his testing is done and we further know how to regulate his situation we'll be able to continue to handle his rx medications.  As an Animal Ambassador and Awareness Dog for Pet Epilepsy, we will be blogging his progress and life every step of the way in hopes to help with  finding a cure and a managing solution for epilepsy in pets and in people. Every penny will help!

No comments: