Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Doggie Etiquette

The Ladies have mentioned I've been a Puppy Camp! At first I was confused and scared because I left them and felt like I did something wrong. But it turns out I've been having fun. The reason I went away to puppy camp is because I was taken away from my mommy and siblings too soon and didn't get a chance to learn from them. I wish people wouldn't do that. We puppies need our mommies and litter-mates at least until we are 8 weeks old. Even better for 12 weeks. It teaches us how to get along with other puppies. Now, other puppies and doggies make me nervous and anxious. Sometimes I think they're scary and I don't know how to greet them. So I've been kept away from other doggies. I also like to nip at people. They sometimes just come and touch me, put their hands in my face and I don't know them. Well, you don't like strangers putting their hands on your face and touching you, do you? Sometimes I wish there was a people camp. So people would know how to greet me. They should basically let me smell them and not touch me. When I smell it's like a doggie handshake. And when Im done they can touch me at my neck or shoulder. After that we can be friends. I've been a puppy camp for 1 week now and I've learned how to be friends with other doggies. I'm no longer scared or anxious. Life is so much more fun since I learned not to be scared and aggressive, and now that I have learned how to greet other doggies. My mommy missed out teaching me these things but I have a really amazing Trainer named Kendra. My first day with her she made me comfortable with other dogs and that was exciting because I never had that in my life before. It's a good feeling to no longer be afraid all the time. Now the Ladies can take me to visit their friends who have pets like AND I get to go to the doggie parks an play. I can't wait to show the ladies what I've learned. I have at least 1 more week with my trainer Kendra at doggie camp, but I get to see the ladies on Thursday so they can learn how to maintain my new behaviors. Here is a link to my trainer's website! She is AWESOME and does free consultations. Tell her Jake sent ya!
Doggie Mannerz is the best puppy/doggie camp EVER!!

No comments: