Friday, April 26, 2013

They See Worry In My Eyes...!


 I went . to my Vet today and saw Dr Witty! He's my buddy. A cool guy with a ponytail and soul patch! I haven't seen him for a few months.  

Lady Ali took me in today to get some blood work done and check my Potassium levels. She also took in the charts for when I have my shakes so the Dr could look and notice any patterns. He decided that it was time to put me on Phenobarbital along with my Potassium Bromide. He also gave them some liquid Valium because a couple of weeks ago I had a seizure that was almost 5 minutes long. When they get to be 5 minutes long it's an emergency situation and they have to rush me to Advanced  Veterinary Care.
   So today I had lots done: Rabies Shot, blood work up to check my potassium levels a Thyroid panel,
   When I walked in for some reason I was scared and didn't really recognize anyone. People kept wanting to pet me but I really wasn't sure if I wanted to be touched.  I was even shaking really bad when they put me on the table to draw my blood and stuff.  Dr Witty thought that was a new reaction because I had never done that before.

 Lady Ali told him I had been running into things lately and that my distance judgement is off.  So Dr Witty looked into both of my eyes.  He looked kind of funny afterwards.  Lady Ali said he was giving us  "The Dr Face."   He told her that he could see something going on with the Optical Nerves in both my eyes, but didn't have the equipment to see everything properly.  He Called it Eddyma. Well I know a guy named Eddy and I'm pretty sure he has a Ma'.  But why would she be in my eyes??   When we got home we looked up the meaning.   It is actually called EDEMA. What that means is fluid build up.  The Dr had a worried look in my eyes. He has suggested we get a brain scan done to look inside my head and see what's going on.  But he says that it explains a lot. It explains why my blood pressure is so high because I can't see so well, And Im probably so skittish because i can't see so well. And I like a lot of sun because it helps me see... And it feels sooo good!

The Ladies keep looking at me kind of sad. They're trying to act normal but there is sadness in their eyes. I heard the word tumor. I hear that word a lot with the word cancer. That C word makes people cry. So I hope I don't catch that C word that makes people cry.  The ladies are trying to help raise money for me for the brain scan. They have donation pages for me and will be having a yard sale to help  with the funds.  I hope that I'm OK and I hope I can continue to be with the ladies for a long healthy time!
One of my donation pages is on my blog.   The other page I we like  Ialso have a page. You can click on these words to get to it: Give Forward.
Thanks for those who have donated already, even though it's not much every penny helps :)

No comments: